Jadu are looking for a creative and passionate web designer and implementer to join our talented User Experience Team based in our UK (Leicester) headquarters.
Ideally you should be a graduate in a design discipline or have good experience in commercial web design, but what we're really looking for is for you to show us your outstanding talent and potential.
You should love hand-crafting exceptional online experiences, be just as confident working in the browser as you are in Photoshop and have good grasp of semantics and web standards.
You should also:
- Be a gifted User Experience designer with a love for all aspects of the design process.
- Understand web standards and build for accessibility without breaking a sweat.
- Have a real eye for creating beautiful and responsive websites using clean, compliant code.
- Have a solid portfolio or examples of work demonstrating your energy and skill set.
- Be comfortable working with PHP and .NET code.
- Design with the end user in mind; always looking to provide the best experience for as many users as possible.
- Be comfortable collaborating with other designers on various areas of a design project, providing input and ideas to help drive and shape design projects.
Extra points for:
- An understanding of Git, SVN or other version-control software.
- jQuery development skills, especially applied to interaction design.
- An understanding of the basics of content strategy.
- Experience within an Agile working environment.
- The ability to wireframe/prototype your ideas for quick communication.
Our team design and build some of the largest websites in the world, for some of the leading organisations in government, higher education and international business.
Clients include The Alzheimers Society, RICS, University of Northampton, Norgren, American University of Sharjah, in addition to many local authorities in the UK such as Edinburgh City Council, The Royal Borough of Kingston, Manchester City Council, Southwark, plus a raft of others.
If you would like to apply please ensure that you make a written application along with your CV. Please include details or URLs to your online work and portfolio.
- Private healthcare cover with BUPA.
- MacBook Pro with all apple hardware and latest Adobe Creative Suite.
- Cool office environment with onsite parking.
- Conference trips and opportunities for learning.
- Work with like-minded, design driven people, where passionate discussions about design theory and practice are a regular occurrence.
- Unlimited smoothies, fruit and fresh ground coffee.
Note: Please ensure you include a covering letter with your CV telling us about yourself and why you think you are right to build your career as a UX Designer at Jadu - and what value you think you can add. We also need to see examples of your work.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your letter of application and CV in the first instance to Zoe Culpin at email@example.com.
We do not accept agencies or workers outside of the European Union. You will need to be a European resident only to apply for for any permanent positions.
Jadu is an equal opportunities employer.