System Administrator (Spacecraft Digital), Leicester, UK
We are looking for a highly skilled Systems Administrator based at our Headquarters in Leicester. We're looking for someone with a passion for designing, creating and maintaining resilient and secure systems for our high profile, high traffic web sites. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in a system administration, or similar, role, ideally at a hosting company. A positive, proactive attitude and adeptness at dealing with customers are particular qualities that are critical for this role.
This role provides a rare opportunity to have significant influence across the organisation, drive change and take on serious challenges. One day could mean taking a customer through an infrastructure you have designed for them, another working with the development team to make code and infrastructure work together in a scalable environment and the next improving processes for the deployment and maintenance of new servers. You will not be bored!
Essential Skills and Requirements: -
- Previous commercial experience within a hosting environment
- Significant knowledge and experience with Linux / Unix; ideally Red Hat / CentOS and with web stack components: Apache, PHP, MySQL.
- Comfortable with communicating and working directly with customers
- Experience in web stack performance tuning and troubleshooting
You will have an understanding of: -
- HTTP, SSL, SMTP, firewalls, switches
- TCP/IP, subnets and networking connectivity
- Configuration and setup of NFS filesystems
- Standards compliance, auditing and security
- Windows Server and IIS
- SQL and configuration of MySQL and SQL Server
- Software development tools (SVN and Git) and best practice
- High availability systems architecture and design (virtual and physical) and capacity planning
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace public/private cloud
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Apache and IIS configurations in conjunction with PHP as well as MySQL and MsSQL systems. An ability to script in bash would be a big benefit.
A working knowledge of firewall configuration, routing, switching as well as IPSec and SSL VPN's will be required, along with knowledge of how to setup and configure BIND DNS, ISC DHCP, SMTP servers and relays and database replication will all be beneficial, but not essential from day one.
Duties and responsibilities: -
Design, build and configuration of multi-server website infrastructures (Linux and Windows based)
Management and support of all hosted servers
Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems
Assisting the team in understanding constraints around security, performance, cost and assisting in environment and capacity planning
Providing technical consultancy to customers and prospective customers
Providing technical consultancy during incident management and issue resolution
Sharing on-call duties (on a rota basis)
Ensure all our systems are documented, including recovery information and disaster recovery steps for maintenance of our ISO 27001 accreditation
Perks and benefits: -
- Massive opportunity to learn and grow
- Private healthcare cover with AXA PPP
- Pension contributions
- Array of Apple or Alienware PC hardware
- Outstanding working environment with onsite parking
- Working with and learning from some of the finest system administration and security professionals in the World
- Unlimited fresh ground Coffee
- Company-wide Slack integration
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply now!
NOTE: We do not accept agencies or workers outside of the European Union. You will need to be a European resident only to apply for any permanent positions.
Jadu is an Equal Opportunities Employer