Test Engineer - Spacecraft
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply here!
Spacecraft is looking for a versatile test engineer to join our world-class design agency based in Leicester. Spacecraft is an extraordinary company and we're looking for someone who is passionate about technology and design with the skills and aptitude to help us continue producing software of outstanding quality.
You will be working closely with other test engineers, UX designers, web developers and project managers to provide a first-class quality assurance service. We are looking for a proactive person who will add to our software development process.
Our testers need to focus on multiple projects at once, work to strict deadlines and judge priorities and risks quickly. We work with designers and developers to ensure the users have the best possible user experience when using our software. As a tester at Spacecraft, you will be testing front end and back end systems; you will need to liaise with colleagues and attend regular project meetings to give updates on testing progress and follow a project from development through to go live in a fast-paced environment.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in various forms of testing, including exploratory testing, unit testing, UI testing, regression testing, release testing
- Experience of creating test plans, scripts and cases
- Experience in raising defects and issue management
- Ability to analyse specifications and interpret test requirements
- Interest in website design and user experience
- Good eye for detail and visual design
- Technical understanding of the internet and web-based applications
- Experience in mobile device testing
- Experience of cross-browser testing
- Organised with a very high attention to detail
- Team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Delivery of work to a high standard and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of usability and accessibility testing
- Ideally, ISEB qualified or experience of testing following a formalised test process
Reasons to work with Spacecraft
- Holidays - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays)
- Flexible - Flexible working hours to accommodate commuting
- Massive opportunity to learn and grow.
- Private healthcare cover with AXA PPP
- MacBook Pro and all Apple hardware
- Outstanding and cool office environment with onsite parking
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Yearly training and self-development budget
- Unlimited fresh ground coffee!