Digital Strategy: Braintree District Council
As a Council, the way we work is changing. Becoming more flexible and working smarter is at the heart of transforming and streamlining our business.
Our aim is to:
- Increase the effectiveness of our activities
- Focus our work on outcomes rather than processes
- Reduce the financial costs of running our business
- Create environments that facilitate collaboration and innovation
- Reduce the environmental footprint of our working practices
- Create an environment which readily allows remote working and reduces the need to be in the office to work
The internet and digital transformation are powerful tools for freedom, innovation, growth and knowledge. The increasing uptake of internet based technologies has brought, or will bring, significant advantages to our Council, Customers and District. But as our reliance on technology grows, so do the opportunities for those who would seek to compromise our systems and data. Responding to this threat and ensuring the safety and security of our systems is an essential requirement. The benefits of digital will continue if people and businesses feel safe whilst online.
As digital is becoming a bigger part of our society, it is important for our District to ensure that it is in the best position to use digital to support growth in a sustainable way. This is our 2017 - 2021 Digital Strategy for this purpose.
- Minimum requirements
- Integrated Systems
- Target Audience
- Public and Internal