All organizations hold a wealth of information within internal databases. Opening up such information within corporate websites or Intranets can be difficult, time consuming and expensive.
The Jadu Directories publishing interface within the Jadu Publishing module enables the publication of any form of structured data either through the creation of a Directory within the Jadu CMS or importing datasets that may be held within external systems or databases.
Google maps integration allows datasets to be coupled with geospatial information where relevant. You can also create repositories for structured data that can be extended to allow customer generated additions/amendments through a controlled workflow. Customers can also manage their own listings - ideal for research, services, local listings or member directories.
Example directory listing with Google maps integration
Directory records can be viewed in a list format or queried with a dedicated Directory search interface. Individual directory records can also be viewed in relation to a Google map.
Example Directory record entry
How to use the Directories area
- From within the Control Center select the Publishing option from the Open menu, and then click on Directories. You will be shown the main Directories area.
Opening the Directories area
- If you have already used other areas within the Publishing menu you may already be familiar with the general layout of this area.
The Directories area
How to view a list of your Directories or all Directories
- Within the main section of the Directories area you can either view a list of directories that have been created by you or you can view a list of directories that have been created by all users of your organization’s CMS.
- You can swap between these two views by using the All directories or Your directories link.
- Please be aware that some users may only be able to view directories that they own as levels of access can be set for each individual user within your CMS, to restrict the amount of information they can see or edit.
The Directories area
The main Directories area
- The main section of the Directories area is laid out into five main columns.
- The first column is named Directory title, this is where your directory names will be listed. These names also act as a link into each directory's details.
- The second column indicates whether the directory is Live on the public facing website.
- The third column includes a View Live link to click through to the published directory only if it is live.
- The fourth column indicates who the directory is Owned by and permissions permitting, enables ownership to be changed to another user's profile within the CMS.
- In the Change Administrator Levels window change the selection in the Choose an Administrator dropdown menu to the correct name and press the Apply Changes button.
The Change Administrator Levels window
- The fifth column is the Delete column, which allows individual or multiple directories to be deleted.
- Select the tick box next to the directory you wish to delete and press the Delete button. You will be asked to confirm your changes before the directory is deleted.
- The final element within the main section of the Directories area is the Create New Directory button. Once pressed it will allow you to create a new directory.
How to navigate through the list of Directories
- You have the ability to move from one list of directories to another via the page number links present below the main section. You can also use the Next and Previous links to move from one page to another.
- In order to make it as easy as possible to find the directory you are searching for, you can specify the amount of directory names you can see per page by using the Records Per Page dropdown menu.
Adjusting the number of Records Per Page