Importing a Form
In this section you will learn how to import a form into System A that has been exported from System B. The import process itself is very simple and easy to use. A list of items being imported will be displayed which will show you whether the import was a success or a failure. Let us get started by importing a Simple Form.
Forms exported from an older version will import into a newer version of XFP, however forms exported from a newer version will not be compatible with an older version. Ensure both System A and System B are on the same versions when exporting/importing between systems.
In order to import a form follow the steps below:
Select XFormsPro from the navigation menu.
Click on Import XForm.
You will then be taken to a page where you will asked to upload a file (in this case it is a form).
Click on 'Choose file'.
Upload the exported form file which will be in a .zip format.
After uploading the .zip file, the import process will be displayed with each step being carried out.
If it is a success then a dialog box will be shown asking if you would like to navigate to the imported form.
- The import process will ask you to provide a title for the form if one with the same title already exists on the server.
- Any form-specific page templates in the form will be imported as form-specific page templates to the new server.
- If a page template already exists on the system with the same name and questions, then the imported template will only replace the old template. A new template will not be created.
- If a page template already exists on the system with the same name but different set of questions, then on import, you will be warned that this template will be imported as form-specific. You can either choose to proceed or stop the import process.
- Some forms will require particular integrations to be enabled, e.g. Office 365. If this is the case, and your server does not have this configured, you will be unable to import the form until you enable it.